Special Tours operates two types of whale watching from the Old Harbour in Reykjavik, Whale Watching Classic and Whale Watching Express.
The Whale Watching Classic (3-3.5 hours) is normally operated on our largest boat, Andrea.
The Andrea gives extra comfort, with great inside and outside viewing areas. She is very family friendly with an educational and interactive focus with whale bones, baleen plates, teeth and a microscope on board to look at sea specimens. The Classic tours are guided in English year-round, with German guidance available May 1st - September 30th.
The Whale Watching Express (2-2.5 hours)
- Seat inside for every passenger
- Guide on every tour, skilled and friendly crew
- Snack bar on board
- Warm overalls for every passenger (also available in children's sizes)
- Free Wifi on board
What's not included
- Hotel transfers (available on request for an additional fee)
- Please note that transfers for the 21:00 departure are not available (June 15th-July 31st).
- Food and drink
What do I need to bring
We recommend wearing warm clothing & sturdy shoes - and don't forget your camera!
- Free Wi-Fi
- Sightings of wildlife cannot be guaranteed. If you do not have sightings on your tour, you will receive another ticket to try again (valid indefinitely).
- Please note that transfers are not available for the 21:00 departure (June 15th-July 31st).
Total ISK 0