Northern lights boat tour
It is an amazing experience to see the Northern Lights from the water; You won't soon forget sailing away from the coast of Reykjavk and seeing the northern lights of the city and the northern lights of the North Atlantic.
Our master guide will assist you with looking for the lights while filling you in regarding the science, legends and fantasies that encompass this astonishing normal peculiarity. You are welcome to wait inside our cafeteria and enjoy a warm beverage or our own Northern Lights video because there is a speaker system there. The guide will let everyone know to go outside and look up when they hear the lights on the speaker system.
On every tour, our helpful staff takes pictures that you can download for free in the following days. They are additionally glad to help with camera settings to allow you the best opportunity of catching the auroras.
- 2-3 hour Northern Lights by Boat tour
- Experienced guide on every departure
- Warm overalls (also available in children's sizes!)
- Heated indoor seating areas
- Free ticket to try again if nothing is seen on your tour!
- WC's, snack bar & WiFi on board
- Pictures taken on every tour, available to download free of charge
- Friendly crew can assist with photography and camera settings if needed
What's not included
- Food and drink (can be purchased on board)
- Hotel transfers (can be added for an additional cost)
What do I need to bring
We recommend wearing warm clothes & sturdy shoes. Don't forget your camera!
When the northern lights forecast looks good but it is too windy to sail, we will take our customers out for a northern lights tour on a bus - plus a chance to join our boat tour the next available day!
If the tour is cancelled and you have not previously joined a tour, you can exchange your ticket for one of the following options:
- A Whale Watching tour
- Join our Northern Lights Backup Plan - Auroras at Whales of Iceland (plus the chance to keep reschedule your boat tour) - as our reception for more info!
- A full refund
These tours are subject to correct weather conditions. You can always check our website (www.specialtours.is), call us (+354-560-8800), or check with your hotel lobby around 18:00 to see if the tour will operate.