Northern lights boat tour with a backup plan
From Reykjavik, set sail in search of the stunning Aurora Borealis! It just takes us 10-15 minutes to cruise into the dull, away from the light contamination from the city, to an ideal area for review the mysterious Aurora Borealis and brilliant sky. Take in the tranquility of Faxaflói Bay.
During the tour, a knowledgeable guide will talk to you about the scientific facts about this natural phenomenon, share myths and stories from different cultures, and answer any questions you might have. It is never ensured that the lights will show on the evening - nonetheless, in the event that you don't see them you get a free pass to attempt once more.
There are cozy indoor seating areas, an onboard bar, and ample space for everyone to enjoy the night sky on our viewing decks outside of our boats. To keep warm and cozy on chilly winter nights, we will offer complimentary use of warm overalls to all passengers.
The last resort is the Auroras at Whales of Iceland!
Unfortunately, Iceland's weather can be unpredictable, so in the event of a cancellation, we have a backup plan ready for you! We have a guarantee adventure, Auroras at Whales of Iceland, that we have prepared in the event that the conditions for seeing the Northern Lights are not ideal.
Auroras at Whales of Iceland is a Northern Lights-themed excursion to the breathtaking Whales of Iceland Exhibition, which is conveniently located close to the Old Reykjavik Harbour. Everyone will be greeted by our guide as they enter the wonderful world of giant whales, where they can view full-sized models and try out some fun and interactive technology!
The visit also includes our brand-new 25-minute guided tour of the 23 life-size models of all Icelandic whale species. Aurora Borealis narrative. The documentary is shown on an 8-meter-wide screen beneath a life-size fin whale model and includes beautiful footage, information about the Northern Lights, myths, and legends. You can ask your guide any questions you want after the movie, and the bar will give you a free drink of your choice.
Now comes the best part: every passenger will get a free ticket to try our northern lights boat tour on the next date that is available! part of the price!) At the point when you show up for Auroras at Whales of Iceland, kindly let the Exceptional Visits gathering group know the date you might want to reschedule your boat visit.
Northern Lights by Boat
- 2-3 hour Northern Lights by Boat tour
- Experienced guide on every departure
- Warm overalls (also available in children's sizes!)
- Heated indoor seating areas
- Free ticket to try again if nothing is seen on your tour!
- WC's, snack bar & WiFi on board
- Pictures taken on every tour, available to download free of charge
- Friendly crew can assist with photography and camera settings if needed
- Guaranteed Backup Plan if the boat tour is cancelled on the evening you are scheduled!
Backup Plan - Auroras at Whales of Iceland
- A Northern Lights themed visit to the Whales of Iceland Exhibition
- Live-guided tour of the exhibition
- Q&A session with an experienced guide
- 25 min. Northern Lights video on a brand-new 8 meter screen
- Short Northern Lights photography workshop available on site (10 min)
- Complimentary Northern Lights themed cocktail with a twist
- Keep your ticket for the Northern Lights boat tour - just let us know when you'd like to reschedule!
What's not included
- Food and drink (unless specified)
- Hotel transfers (can be added for an additional cost)
What do I need to bring
We recommend wearing warm clothes & sturdy shoes. Don't forget your camera!
- Please note that sightings of the Northern Lights cannot be guaranteed. If nothing is seen on your tour, you will receive a free ticket to join another tour.
- This tour is non-refundable.